Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HERE IT IS!

Well here it is......my first blog  post!!!

After so many months of planning it's finally time to write a post.  I began thinking of this blog site almost a year ago.  I always thought it would be a good idea but I wanted to make sure to do it right.  I have a very busy and active life and I wanted to make sure I started this when I really had the time to dedicate to it.  After all, I want it to be successful.

I think it took a few weeks just to come up with a title.  So many good ideas have already been taken.  I wanted it to speak to the content of this blog.  With a lot of thought, and some help from my wife and friends, I decided on "Healthy Skinny U".   

I have a M.S. in cardiac rehab and exercise science.  I've grown to understand the importance of taking care of our bodies.....that's the "Healthy."  The primary focus on this blog is weight loss.  That's the "Skinny".  Finally I really want people to learn from this site.  I want to educate people so that they can take care of the most important thing, YOU!  That's the "U".  So there you have it...HealthySkinnyU!

After the title was done my attention turned to the overall appearance of the site.  What colors will affect viewers the appropriate way?  What gadgets should I include?  What should the header look like?  I have to admit this took the longest.  I finally decided to keep it simple and clean.  I chose blue for no other reason than it's MY favorite color!  I hope you all like it!

Next I wanted to include a little information about myself.  You can click on the "about me" tab to see more. I also wanted to explain my opinions about what I believe is the "healthy skinny way".  Click on that tab above to read more as well.

Now with nothing else left to procrastinate about, it's time to write this first post.  SO HERE IT IS!  I've decided that developing this blog site is very similar to developing a sound weight loss program.  

  1. You have to want to do it for the right reasons.  
  2. You have to educate yourself so you do it the right way.  
  3. You absolutely have to plan, plan, plan! 
  4. You have to be realistic in your expectations!  
  5. Finally, You have to realize that you will not be perfect!  But you can do it!
Just remember that it's not always going to be easy.  It will take patience and time.  You will need to be consistent and remain dedicated.  If you do this you will lose weight and be a healthier, skinnier U.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting blog! I am always interested in losing weight, keeping it off and remaining strong and agile enough to live a fulfilling life.

    I know I will be checking in to this blog and looking for hints and suggestions to keep me motivated and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, I've herd a lot about you through Nancy. I'm happy you're starting a blog. I look forward to what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you please address how I can deal with a mindset that makes me think it is okay to eat badly for a couple of days because I know what to do to get off the few pounds I might gain. The problem is I do not do what I know how to do. How can I get that resolve?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading your blogs. I have seen the results of your guidance and was amazed at how much weigh my friend lost.
    Even though we are in different states, I know I will learn some valuable tools. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete